1. General information
(1) Esports.com only collects and uses the User’s personal data if and to the extent that the User has consented to this or a legal regulation permits the collection and use.
(2) Personal data are individual details about the personal or factual relationship of a certain or identifiable natural person. This includes information such as the User’s name, address or telephone number.
2. Collection and use of personal data
(1) In case of solely informational use of the Website, i.e. if the User does not register or otherwise provide Esports.com with information, Esports.com does not collect any personal data, with the exception of data transmitted by the User’s browser in order to enable to visit the Website (e.g. IP address, date and time of enquiry, browser type and pages viewed). There will be no personal utilization. The statistical evaluation of anonymous data records is reserved. Esports.com stores IP addresses for a maximum period of seven days. The data is stored for reasons of data security in order to guarantee the stability and operational reliability of Esports.com`s system.
(2) Esports.com collects and uses such personal data which the User has voluntarily provided to Esports.com in the context of the use of the Website, e.g. in the context of an information request or when registering for Esports.com’s services, to the following extent and for the subsequent purposes:
Contacting: In order to respond to enquiries, Esports.com will use personal data if the User enters them in a contact form provided for this purpose on the Website or if the User communicates them to Esports.com by email. It is up to the User to make his own decision as to whether and which information he provides in this way. The personal data collected includes in particular the User’s contact details, such as first name, last name, email address.
Newsletter: If the User has subscribed to Esports.com’s newsletter, Esports.com collects and uses the User’s personal data (first name, last name, email address) to send information about the services Esports.com offers and the products displayed on the Website by email on a regular basis. The User can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time with future effect. Therefore, the User has to send an email to email@example.com.
Registration: In order to grant access to Esports.com services for RU, Esports.com collects and uses personal data when the User registers for the services via the registration form and when he subsequently adds further data to his registration or provides Esports.com with it as part of the information exchange. The following information must be stated when registering:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Country of residence
Services: Esports.com uses the personal data of the registration for purposes of further processing, support and handling of the services the User has taken up.
3. Transfer of personal data
Esports.com will only pass on the User’s personal data to other companies if this is necessary for the purpose of providing or processing the services and for billing purposes, or if the User has given his prior consent. Esports.com will not sell the User’s personal data to third parties. Data will only be passed on to state institutions and authorities that are entitled to receive information within the framework of mandatory legal provisions or if Esports.com is obliged to do so by court order.
4. Storage of data
Esports.com will only store the User’s data for as long as it is necessary for the provision and processing of the services the User has used and for billing purposes, or as long as Esports.com is legally obliged to store them.
(1) Esports.com uses technical and organizational measures to protect the User’s data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or unauthorized access. Esports.com security measures are continuously being improved in line with technical developments.
(2) Esports.com employees are bound by contractual agreements to secrecy and data confidentiality.
6. Cookies / analysis services
Some sections of the Website contain links to third-party websites. These websites are subject to their own data protection principles. Esports.com is not responsible for their operation, including data handling. When the User sends information to or through such third party sites, the User should review the privacy statements of those sites before submitting information that may be associated with him/her.
8. Social Media Plug-Ins
(1) Esports.com currently uses the following social media plug-ins: Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, Steam.
(2) Esports.com uses the so-called 2-click solution. This means that when the User visits the Website, no personal data will be passed on to the providers of these plug-ins. The provider of the plug-in can be identified by the marking on the grayed out box by the initial letter. Personal data will be transmitted only if the User clicks on one of the plug-ins: by activating the plug-in, data is automatically transmitted to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (in the case of US providers in the USA). Esports.com has no influence on the collected data and data processing processes, nor is Esports.com aware of the full scope of data collection, the purposes and the storage periods. Since the plug-in provider collects data using cookies in particular, Esports.com recommends that the User deletes all cookies before clicking on the grayed-out box in the security settings of his browser.
(3) If the User activates a plug-in, the plug-in provider will be informed that the User has called up the corresponding subpage of the online offer. In addition, the data will be transmitted, whereby in the case of Facebook, according to the respective providers in Germany, only an anonymous IP address will be collected. This happens regardless of whether the User has an account with this plug-in provider and is logged in. If the User is logged in to the plug-in provider, this information will be directly associated with his/her account. If the User clicks on the activated button and link to the page, for example, the plug-in provider also saves this information in the User’s user account and informs his contacts publicly. If he does not wish his/her profile to be associated with the plug-in provider, he must log out before activating the button.
(4) The plug-in provider stores this data as user profiles and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or design of its website according to requirements. Such an evaluation takes place in particular (also for users who are not logged in) to display demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about the User’s activities on the Website. The User has a right of objection to the creation of these user profiles, whereby the User must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right.
(5) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the data protection declarations of these providers, which are provided below. There the User will also find further information on his/her rights and settings for protecting your privacy.
(6) Addresses of the respective providers and URL with their data protection references:
- Facebook Inc., 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; additional information: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084, http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other-applications and http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info.
- Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/?hl=de.
- Twitter, Inc., 1355 Market St, Suite 900, San Francisco, California 94103, USA; https://twitter.com/privacy.
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; http://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy.
- Steam, Valve Corporation, P.O. Box 1688, Bellevue, WA 98004; http://store.steampowered.com/privacy_agreement/
- Youtube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA; https://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/
9. Information, correction, deletion
If the User has any questions or comments about the use of his personal data, he can contact Esports.com’s data protection officer at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon request, Esports.com will inform the User whether and which personal data about the User is stored by Esports.com. Should outdated or incorrect information be stored, or should the User wish to terminate his registration, Esports.com will correct, block or delete it at his request.